The Associate Controller maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The Controller works with leadership to develop and track the financial performance of the Company, by providing timely reporting and analysis.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial reports
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Maintain responsibility for all deferred revenue and rent work papers and preparation of appropriate journal entries
- Act as the primary contact with DOE field offices regarding all financial information relating to PKA (Pre-K for All) programs including completing city-funded budget reports & actuals for PKA programs
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, etc. when necessary
- Manage cash according to debt covenants and highlight potential issues based on cash forecasting
- Assist in budget and forecast preparation by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Work with leadership to achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employee(s) within that role.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s preferred; five plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably experience with a small to mid-sized company with high growth plans. CPA license is preferred but not required.
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
- Must be able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Google Docs.
- Strong communication (oral and written) with the ability to speak with all levels of the organization; proactive; ability to multitask and prioritize with great attention to detail; deadline-oriented with meeting monthly close deadlines; analytical thinking; and ethics and integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred. Experience with ERP systems (i.e. – Sage and/or Net Suites or similar packages a plus)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Five paid Sick Days off per year, Ten paid days off per year and seven paid holidays based on NYKC closures. Eligible for company benefits package including health insurance, 401K, TransitCheck, etc.